I'm Carrie, and my husband Richard and I (and our two children Sara and Max) are waiting to welcome another child into our loving home.

I met Richard more than 13 years ago while working at a nursing home. We quickly knew we were meant to be together, and were married that year. We have two children, Sara (12) and Max (8). A couple years ago we moved to a small farm where we raise cows and chickens in our spare time.

Richard is a software engineer and works for a very large, stable company, and I am a stay-at-home mom.

Please take a look at our LDS Family Services Profile. If you have any questions, please email us at RichardAndCarrie@gmail.com.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Caribou?

I’ve had a few nicknames in my life. Growing up, my dad called me “Care Bear”. Of course I loved that. I even had a Care Bear stuffed animal to go with the nickname. Richard called me that a time or two after we got married but it just never stuck. For a while Richard called me “Care Babe”. I’m kind of glad that one never stuck. Then a couple of years ago Richard and I were talking and “Caribou” was born. I immediately fell in love with the nickname and found a stuffed caribou to keep on the bed.

Fast forward about a year and a half …

Richard and I were having a conversation about why Apple has the little “i” in front of all of their products (iPod, iMac, iPhone, etc…). I just didn’t get it. Well, about a week later an iPod Shuffle shows up in the mail. It’s green, my favorite color, and on the back is engraved “iCaribou”. Love it, love it, love it!

So there you have it. iCaribou. Now, I’m not a real caribou, mind you. I don’t migrate every Fall, I don’t have antlers, and I don’t pull a sleigh on Christmas Eve (did you know caribou are reindeer?). But, I love the nickname. iCaribou!

No comments: