I'm Carrie, and my husband Richard and I (and our two children Sara and Max) are waiting to welcome another child into our loving home.

I met Richard more than 13 years ago while working at a nursing home. We quickly knew we were meant to be together, and were married that year. We have two children, Sara (12) and Max (8). A couple years ago we moved to a small farm where we raise cows and chickens in our spare time.

Richard is a software engineer and works for a very large, stable company, and I am a stay-at-home mom.

Please take a look at our LDS Family Services Profile. If you have any questions, please email us at RichardAndCarrie@gmail.com.



Monday, June 28, 2010

Every girl needs a sun dress

I love my daughter. She is 12 now, I can’t believe it! I have so many good memories from the last 12 years. I was thinking the other day how cute Sara was when she was a baby. I loved fixing her hair just right, dressing her up in pretty clothes, stuff like that.

When Richard and I were young parents I learned how to sew. My Mom taught me a few things when I was a teenager, but I didn’t really take an interest until I had a baby. I sewed baby blankets for Sara, cute pajamas, dresses, jumpers … you name it, I sewed it. I think little baby girls look so cute in sun dresses, and they are so easy to make.

The past month or so I’ve been babysitting for a lady in our neighborhood. She has an 8 month old grand-daughter that is so cute, and I watch her for a few hours each day. I was cleaning out my sewing room last week and found a cute piece of fabric and thought of how fun it would be to sew a sun dress for a baby again. Turns out it’s like riding a bike … once you learn to sew you never really forget.



The little girl looks so cute in the dress. I picked up more material tonight to sew a second.

It has taken Richard and I quite some time and we still haven’t been able to adopt a baby. One day, we know a birth mother will choose our family as the home for her baby. In the meantime tending this baby girl and sewing these dresses is almost therapuetic.

No comments: