I'm Carrie, and my husband Richard and I (and our two children Sara and Max) are waiting to welcome another child into our loving home.

I met Richard more than 13 years ago while working at a nursing home. We quickly knew we were meant to be together, and were married that year. We have two children, Sara (12) and Max (8). A couple years ago we moved to a small farm where we raise cows and chickens in our spare time.

Richard is a software engineer and works for a very large, stable company, and I am a stay-at-home mom.

Please take a look at our LDS Family Services Profile. If you have any questions, please email us at RichardAndCarrie@gmail.com.



Sunday, June 6, 2010

I love my girls......

I love animals, I always have. I think I get it from my Dad. Growing up we always had a dog, and thru my teenage years I had a few different pets. The iguana and ferret were my favorites, although I don’t have them anymore. We have quite a few animals on the little farm we live on. Just to name a few, there is my Boston Terrier Amos, who 2 days ago turned 5 years old (and yes, he celebrated his birthday with a yummy can of doggy beef stew). There is Charlie the duck, and Hannah and Sheba our goats. Of course there are the chickens and cows and the few barn cats that keep the mice away.

The one thing that was missing from our little farm was a good farm dog. Although Amos is a good dog, he is little and he stays in the house most of the time. A few weeks ago we decided it was time to get us a farm dog so we started browsing the ads. We ended up looking at a litter of Dalmation mix puppies that were so cute. Long story short … we ended up bringing home 2 of them. They are sisters and we named them Phoebe and Chandler (we are “Friends” fans, can you tell?) We love it when people say “Is Chandler a girl name?” If you’ve seen “Friends” you’ll know what I’m talking about.



The puppies are my girls. That’s what Richard and I call them anyway. They have already grown so much in the short time we have had them. They love Amos a lot, it’s cute to watch all three of them play. Now I just need to figure out how to make them not chase the rooster.

No comments: